Sunday, June 28, 2009

SUMMER FUN - CARD

Do you ever get stuck picking out paper for a project? I have TONS of paper, but could not find one sheet of something that I liked for this card. So what's a gal to do? I wanted paper that looked like either sunrise or sunset so I decided to make my own. I took a muffin tin and filled the cups with water, I then added a few drops of food coloring to each cup and mixed with a toothpick. I used a medicine dropper to pick up the colored water and then squirt it on a flattened coffee filter. The colors run together a little, but I really am happy with the end result. You can also fold up the coffee filter as if you are going to cut out a snowflake and dip the corners in the muffin cups to get a really cool looking tye-dyed effect. The palm tree is a "Deluxe Cut" die cut and the stamped image is "Hula Anya" from The Greeting Farm website. Hope you are all enjoying your weekend. Thanks for looking!


5 comments:

  1. Very cute! I love the paper you made and the sand looks great, too! Cute stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely summery card Deborah, great background and gorgeous image!
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice blog. I love your creativity. I found you as I was looking for info about Nor-Cal Swarm. I live in San Ramon and was thinking this might be somewhat close. Can you tell me anything about when/where they meet?

    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is super, and thatnks for the instructions. I find choosing paper a real chore, that's why I tend to go for stacks so that everything is coordinated...
    hugs
    En xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've killed me with these Greetings Farm stamps. Went to the site and now I need them all, though of course that won't happen :0)
    Super cute!

    ReplyDelete