Monday, April 8, 2013

SOAK UP SOME FUN - CARD


Have you ever made a card or a project that you were so tickled with that you wanted to keep it for yourself?  This was that project for me!!  However, it was for a very dear friend's birthday so I JUST had to give it to her...darn it.

The inspiration for my card came from a blog that I umm, stalk, I mean follow regularly.  Sheri of  PAPER CRAFTY'S CREATIONS is truly talented!!  She creates some of the cutest cards ever!!  When I saw THIS card on her blog, I fell in love.  I adore WHIMSIE DOODLES' images and knew that the Bubble Leah digi image would be perfect for my gift of bath goodies for my friend. 

The image was colored in with Copics. I then added a little stickles to the bubbles and some Glossy Accents to the champagne glass.  I also used A LOT of bling on this card.  If you read my previous blog post, you'll know I had to make up for the masculine card that I was forced to make. 

For the gift bag I just enlarged the image and printed it out twice.  Once on my white cardstock for coloring and again on my patterned paper for her towels and bath rug.  Oh and I added lots of bling to the bag as well.  I went a little bling crazy.

I seriously hope my friend likes this as she almost did not get it.  Don't forget to stop by Sheri's BLOG to check out all of the cuteness she has going on there. 

8 comments:

  1. Oh wow, this is so fabulous!! I can see why you wanted to keep it for yourself!! And how creative to make the matching bag!! What a gorgeous gift set!! Happy Monday :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! Love the color combo and how you created a matching bag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how cute is this! I love it to and I can see why it was hard to give away..lol! I love how you made the matching bag to..she is gonna love it:) Super sweet image!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card set, love the design and colours and not forgetting the cute image.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! Love the colors on this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, you are so funny...keeping it for yourself...teehee
    This is really lovely. i love how you did the bag to match...what a brilliant idea.
    I think Ii figured out the fold...Is it fold the front in half and have the raised bit attached to the front cut edge flap and then have some sort of embellishment or raised sentiment to hold the front folded bit up. Hope that's right!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @scrappymo!Mo, that is exactly it. Fold the top in half. Your raised card front gets glued to the lower half of the top of the card. Then you place a embellishment or raised sentiment on the bottom flap to keep the easel in place. Can't wait to see a card from you with this fold.

    ReplyDelete