Tuesday, March 17, 2009

THANK YOU - CARD

I am really happy with how this one turned out. Though it looks pretty simple it took a little more time than the other thank you cards did. The white paper is handmade paper that I ran through the cuttlebug using the Birds and Swirls embossing folder. I then used my Prisma pencils to color the embossed details. Then I hand sewed the little flower sequins (I don't know who makes them. I bought them some time ago from my LSS for $1 and they came in a clear little baggie.) and the beads. That is where most of the time was spent....those silly little beads with holes too little for my needle to pass through...arghh! So I would thread the needle, run it through the sequin, take the needle off the thread and try to poke the ends of the thread through the seed bead. Then back on the needle goes and through my card to secure it all...for each and every flower. Now I remember why I don't do a lot of sewing on my cards or layouts...I am needle challenged.




3 comments:

  1. This is really gorgeous! What a cool idea to make your own paper like that by coloring the embossing.

    You can buy needles that are for beading that should be much skinnier to sew on seed beads. They are difficult to get the thread through the super tiny hole...but at least you only have to do it once.

    All of your thank you cards are lovely...I just didn't feel like posting a bunch of comments in a row, so I thought I'd comment on this one since it is my favorite. I also really like the first one. I guess it is the pinks and greens - they get me every time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! That's beautiful Deborah! It usually takes me a couple of years before I have the guts to try the awesome techniques that I see you do, so maybe in a few years I'll have the guts to try this one!! It's really gorgeous. Love all the detail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Deborah! The combo of the handmade paper and soft coloring give it such a delicate look. Great job with the sewing too... it paid off, makes for a very pretty detail.

    ReplyDelete